Luan - what happened to it. Is Viroli as good?

Home Depot and Lowes around here now stock Viroli instead of Luan. If you ask for Luan, they will point you to the Viroli without a peep, I suppose as one might direct you to a shelf of Pepsi if you asked where the Coke was. Still, I've not come across any feedback on Viroli, and as it is made in a different region (Brazil) and from a different wood than Luan, I'm wondering if it's performance is better, worse, or the same as an underlayment for vinyl in a bathroom floor. I just notice that it has many small holes/indentations in it filled with sawdust that I'm guessing were created by bugs during it's growth, and I get the sense it made be softer.

Thanks

Reply to
dando

Use GOOGLE... Someone (and I suspect you) has been asking about Viroli multiple times in this group.

Reply to
Phrederik