Looking for corrugated tin sheets

Does anyone know where I could find say, 6 sheets of this stuff? Google turns up zip.

BetsyB

Reply to
betsyb

Try "Corrugated Metals" "Corrugated Steel" "Galvanized Corrugated Roofing"

-- Oren

Oren

Thanks so much. I get lost then I try embelish.

BetsyB

Reply to
betsyb

I grew up calling them a "tin" roof :-)

-- Oren

Oren

Last time I was in one, HD had some in stock. Don't know about Lowes.

Look at any building supply or farm supply.

What you can't find is the really heavy "corrugated tin" that the machine shed and other outbuildings here were built with. Of course, w/ the price of metal these days, one wouldn't want to even consider what it would cost if could... :(

Reply to
dpb

I did the google search and there is virtually zip in the US. I could buy from New Zealand but the shipping prevents this. I will go root out home depot once more and Lowes too. I have been in both and thought I had seen every aisle but I suppose it didn't register in my mind.

Thanks to all how helped.

Reply to
betsyb

Forget google other than to look at stock of anybody who shows building supplies online for local availability (and be aware many don't show mundane building materials online as, obviously, shipping for small quantities obviates the sense in trying to sell such materials online).

Whether a local HD or Lowes will keep it in stock will depend in large part, I suspect, on whether the locale is a major metro area or more rural. I don't recall ever seeing it in Knoxville, TN, stores, but noticed it was in the Garden City, KS, HD. As in the other thread on a house, "location, location, location".

Look in the yellow pages in your local phone book for building supplies and make a few phone calls. Again, a larger farm supply (not knowing where you're located makes a particular name somewhat futile) would be a prime candidate.

Reply to
dpb

In addition, here's on manufacturer/distributor in the US w/ their product line visible. If they're anywhere even close, could call them and ask for distributor/retailers.

Here, in farming country, there are ad's in the paper daily from the barn/shed-building people offering packages and material every day. Less of a selection of cross-sections, perhaps, but easily accessible.

What are you looking for as usage would perhaps also narrow down some, but I think you'll do best to just start looking locally at the non- big-box building supply places.

dpb

Hint: They are not "tin," they are steel.

Reply to
HeyBub

Likely you will need to go to a real building supply store. Also there is no tin involved. The typical material is galvanized steel.

Reply to
George

Google ASC Pacific. Also, see if McEvoy is still in business, in Victorville, or Bakersfield, Ca, IIRC.

You are not looking for "tin" sheets, but corrugated steel.

I used to be a steel erection contractor, and used to buy from ASC and McEvoy. There are lots of what you want made in the US.

Check out local steel suppliers in your area. They might not stock them, but be able to order them. Also check out roofers. Lots of people use these for roofs.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Do you have to match an existing pattern or is anything usable? Painted, galvanized, galvalume, aluminum? Gauge? All pertinent variables.

Reply to
dpb