liquid dish detergent into your concrete or stucco

This is a trick used by concrete finishers for a long time; at least

30 years that I know of. Lots of others' experience tends to validate this, but I haven't used it.

Detergent isn't an approved admixture; however, the approved ones cost a lot more.

The theory is the detergent allows the fine aggregates to slip around more, making it easier to finish and to consolidate around reinforcement and forms.

If the mix is designed for the applicati> Greetings,

Reply to
cmiles3

And conversely if you add Tri-Chromium ( literally only drops) the concrete is 70% stronger. The chemical stops oxidation along the rebar's. This is an old Ferro cement boat builders trick. You can also re-enforce by adding 5 % silica.

Even today, cement mixing is an art, NOT a science. I would certainly not add anything but a small quantity of latex to cement.

Reply to
claude

Then how come if I take a sledge hammer and break up a sidewalk, no water comes out of the concrete? Where does the water go?

Reply to
businessman