Lawnmowing question

Dunno if my method is good for the lawn or not. I like to mow very low for the first time in the sping. Gets rid of all the dead stuff, leaves that didn't get mulched, etc. Usually mow with on the middle settings so I don't have to mow as often. But then I live in the country so the "perfect lawn" is not one of my concerns :).

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

It's better to get rid of a lot of the dead stuff in the fall, IMO. The grass can then be left alone in the spring until it's got a good start. Taller grass retains more moisture and reduces the chances of weeds getting a foothold. "Perfect" is relative, here. A nice healthy lawn is easier to take care of in the long run. ...assuming, of course, that there is some actual dirt for it to grow in.

Reply to
krw