lawn mower recommendations

On my rear wheel drive "bigwheel" either I release the drive or turn fast enough that the outer wheel "over-runs" the inner.

AS far a "no oil changes" it's pretty simple. You just change mowers when the oil wears out - It's another example of North America's "throw away" society. "the paint's getting a bit dull - time for a new one".

Reply to
clare

Do you mean turning it around at the end of a pass. If so, please explain how that could work. To my mind, the "fulcrum"(?) is at the points of contact of the 2 rear wheels. Do the wheels move as you are turning it around?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I thought of that too. I've already decided that if I ever end up with a mower with that "feature", I would change the oil anyway. And if I can't do that, then I'm not buying it. And, you have to wonder about the quality of the rest of the parts on a mower with that feature...

Reply to
Bill

Whether the mower is tilted up or not has no bearing on what the wheels are doing.

Reply to
trader_4

Here you go, this will help explain the principle.

Stormin' Norman

Of course.

Reply to
clare

Hi there! I'm looking to get a new lawn mower. Been using an old push one, but it's s tarting to fall apart. So I've figured to get a decent one as soon as possi ble.

My yard isn't that big and takes less around 45 minutes to cut using the 21 inch push mower. I'm currently learning the issue reading reviews

and some helpful garden forums li ke
. Maybe, you find this in fo helpful too!

Reply to
tetianashpek