Last update on frozen well hydrant!

It's thawed. Five days of sitting quietly with heat tape, insulation, with a garbage can shoved down on top of everything finally thawed the hydrant. It works fine; nothing cracked.

And it was 3 degrees here this a.m. so it has to be just sitting under all that stuff without being disturbed for five days that did the trick. Gave the heat tape enough time to do its job.

Yeah! I don't have to haul 50 gallons of water/day in 2.5 gal buckets anymore!

Thanks everyone.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

congrats!!!

"FragileWarrior" with

Reply to
RBM

In article , FragileWarrior a garbage can shoved down on top of everything finally thawed the hydrant.

Cool. Good job. -- and you won't EVER make that mistake again, I guarantee it.

Reply to
Doug Miller

snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in news:Nr6zh.74638$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.net:

If I do, please, someone put me in a home because my better days are obviously over.

BTW, when I went to fill the trough, all THREE hoses were frozen.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Before next winter you need one of these or similar...

dpb

"FragileWarrior"

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski