Kitchen sink recommendations

Go f*ck yourself, is that rational enough for you moron?

Reply to
trader4

A stainless steel sink may very well be the best option for homeowners when it comes to remodeling or designing a kitchen. Not only is it extremely cost efficient, but a stainless steel sink is also as attractive as sinks made of other materials. Stainless steel sinks are available in a large variety of colors or finishes, styles and sizes. Possibly the number one advantage of a stainless steel sink is that it is easier to clean than other types of sinks. This is especially true for a seamless sink, because it has no cracks or crevices for bacteria and other grime to hide in. Porcelain sinks offer many advantages. They offer a timeless look that isn't subject to trends or fads. A porcelain sink will always be in style. Porcelain sinks are common and are made by virtually all manufacturers, providing consumers with many options to choose from.

This provides several benefits to consumers. The sinks are easily affordable and come in standard sizes. Although they are durable, dropping or banging objects into the sink can cause the porcelain to chip.

jimsonburg

We've had stainless and 2 porcelain sinks in our previous house. Stainless is not stainless. It always shows water spots. The 2 porcelain sinks were tiled in. Both chipped. Plus anything you drop in them will either break or it will chip the porcelain. We did however like the tiled in sink concept. In the new house we have a Franke composite sink mounted under the granite counter top. It is dark gray with a pebble-look surface. Got it at Lowe's. This is the best sink yet. It almost never needs cleaning. It doesn't show any water spots (probably a function of the water here). It's soft enough that if a dish is dropped into the sink, it will probably survive ... both that is. As we've only been here 1 year, I can't say anything about long term. But, there are no nicks or dings that I can see. We'd certainly get another one like this. Here's a pic of the sink, however, as it was taken when it was 1st installed, it is still filled with construction crud.

Art Todesco