INSULATION info needed

I have a new little room I need to insulate and sheetrock this weekend. 2 of the walls were built to accomodate new windows and the joist spacing is irregular. Will I be better off using unfaced stuff and then putting plastic over the whole wall or is it ok if the paper doesn't overlap the wood. I'm starting off new so I want to do it right. Anywhere else I put it up had normal wall spacing so it fit right in and the paper got stapled over top of each other.

Reply to
Kathy

Whatever makes you happy. It will work either way. The only time it would be a problem would be if you had a special moisture - temperature situation.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

you need to hold insulation in place vertically with staples. do not pack it. the unfaced stuff is for the floor cavity.

Reply to
buffalobill

I have a 22' x 35' garage where the studs look like the guy was drunk when he built it. I got several estimates for fiberglass, and two of the guys actually recommended spray foam because of all the waste they would have. It was expensive, but worth it.

Reply to
Bob

I used those DIY Tiger Foam Insulation Kits on my garage and it worked real good and was cheaper than a contractor

Reply to
abi

Paper is vapor barrier. buy unfaced paperless insulation, or slash paper vapor barrier repeatedly.

install insulation DONT compress it, then cover all walls with heavy plastic like 10 mills. overlap seams and tape well.

Reply to
hallerb

Paper is vapor barrier. buy unfaced paperless insulation, or slash paper vapor barrier repeatedly.

install insulation DONT compress it, then cover all walls with heavy plastic like 10 mills. overlap seams and tape well.

Reply to
hallerb

Kraft paper is not vapor-barrier. Foil is. Paper will do you no harm, and may be of use to staple to studs.

HTH, J

Reply to
barry