I probably have the terminolgy wrong. I have a fireplace that has a
metal stack/exaust encased in paneling The fireplace stack isnt
insulated very well. When prying back the wood surround/paneling
there is at least 8" from the paneling to the stack. There is a
healthy draft comming from the paneling when pulled back.
First, can this are be instulated? or is it a fire hazard since it
would be touching a very hot metal stack.
Second, if it can be insulated, where do I come by non-flamable blown
Hopefully it makes sence...