Inground Pool liner - Can you see seams from the wall behind it?

I have a Fiberglass/Concrete pool that I'll be getting a liner installed on. I personally hate the upkeep of owning a pool like this (acid wash, painting, chips in the paint, leaks in the fiberglass, etc). A liner seems like the perfect solution.

my quesiton is, do you currently see the seams from the wall behind your liner? in some installations the installer uses foam padding to hide these, but my installer said that because of our climate and the fact that you lower the water in the winter, the top of the foam will start to sag and that I would be better off without the foam, but that the seams would be visible from the liner.

I just wanted some feedback from people who have liner pools, do you see the seams and does it look bad? do you have the foam and do you think it looks better?

Thanks

Reply to
dss_canada2

Do I "...see the seams from the wall behind your liner?" I must be missing something in my interpretation of your question. How can I see anything behind the liner...the walls are in the way.

FWIW, I have had vinyl liner pools with and without foam installed in back of the liner, i.e. between the liner and the steel walls. I notice no difference re. visibility of liner seams.

Reply to
Craven Morehead

I built vinyl liner pools while going to college (79-83). You can see anything/everything behind the liner. If there is a trowel mark in the concrete or a seam you can see it. In an effort to make this less of an issue, most liner makers went to some sort of a pattern or design in areas near the coping and also in the hopper of the pool to make it more difficult to see imperfections.

I'd have them use the foam. It helps protect the liner from anything that might be working it's way out of the pool walls.

Reply to
Brian Foster

Thanks, and by not noticing any difference between using and not using the foam, do you mean you always see the seam lines regardless when using the foam?

I had wanted to use the foam, but like I said my installer doesn't like using it because he said after a few years the foam starts to sag because in the winters here there is freezing and we lower our water in the winter.

Craven Morehead wrote:

Reply to
dss_canada2

If you mean the seams where the steel wall sections are joined, I do not see them with or without the foam.

Reply to
Craven Morehead