I need another door recommendation-basement steps

nothing.http://www.homedepot.com/Doors-Windows-Doors-Interior-Doors-Accordion...>>>

Assuming the stairway is pretty enough for company (or can easily be made so), I think the suggestion to enclose the bottom and put the fire door down there, and turn the top into a jambed archway, is probably the best one.

Reply to
aemeijers

wrote

Thanks for the clarification on your OPINION, rather than facts. As for acting like a blanket, you can buy them made from vinyl, wood, aluminum, and in varying thickness. Some are fire rated. Have you looked at any recently?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I've looked at a few. The plastic plank ones looked almost acceptable to me, but I'd be looking real close at the construction of the "hinges". Have not seen any yet that I'd trust at the head end of a stairway. Have not seen aluminum ones available for residential use that would be anything close to cost effective and strong enough.The fabric style would not meet my approval for sure. I know there are some that are used as room deviders in large meeting rooms and gymnasiums but they are hellish expensive and some tend to be quite troublesome. The ones installed at a church I used to attend were far from cheap, but certainly not trouble free, and no-one involved with them would ever recommend or use them again.

Reply to
clare