Humidifier

Originally the water for my humidifier was taken by flexible copper tube connected to self piercing valve. The valve was installed below the heater cold water shut off valve (the shut off valve shut water both for heater and for humidifier). I recently had to move heater and re-solder some pipes. I then reconnected humidifier tube and self-piercing valve above the heater shut off valve. I fully opened the self-piercing valve for humidifier. Now humidifier started to dip water, after night I found a lake under the humidifier as if it gets too much water. Why this happens?

Reply to
Alexander Galkin

sounds like a coincidence to me unless something got disturbed in the humidifier. You may have dislodged a piece of scale from inside the pipe that has rendered your inlet valve of the humifier imoperable. YOur placement of the piercing valve would have nothing to do with the leak unless water is following the tube down below the humidifier making you think that the leak is there and not up at the connection at the copper. Ck it out carefully to find exactly where the water is coming from. If it is the inlet valve you may be able to clean it.

Reply to
Randd01