How to scrub an awning that is very tough to access?

Raccoons have been cavorting on our 200 square foot awning that is over a between-buildings gathering area.(at a school) Little pawprints are everywhere - and very visible when you are hanging out under the awning.

We have tried reaching with 20 foot brushed from each side of the awning, but we cannot get enough muscle behind the scrubbing from so far away. And going out on the ribbing of the awning is not feasible either.(they are not strong enough)

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Mike

Reply to
FacilityFred

Send a plea to your local power company or other utility service and see if the can do a good will service for your scholl / children and send over one of their cherry pickers. If the bucket can situate itself over the awning some regular diluted cleaner and the brush or even a power washer would make the job easier and much safer. Other than that I can only suggest removing the awning, cleaning it and reinstalling.

Reply to
robson

That would work if the utility is generous, if not you can rent an aerial lift and a pressure washer from numerous places like United Rentals, Nations Rent and even Home Depot. You most likely don't need the big self propelled lift either, they have a smaller towable one that will hold one person vs. the big self propelled jobs that need to be delivered on a semi and will hold two people plus heavy tools. Suggest also looking for a solution to keeping the vermin off the thing as well so you don't have to keep doing this.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Leave them alone? Paw prints from critters are fun for kids.

I remember a story wherein an elementary school class had an Easter chick - "Mr Peeps" was its name. The kids were gathered around watching the chick do chick things at recess when a hawk swooped down and grabbed the chick.

Took it to the top of a light pole and ate it. But only the tender, yummy parts. The less preferable parts (beak, feet, etc.) fell to the ground, along with a few feathers and drops of chick fluids.

This was a "learning opportunity" as the educationists say. The kids couldn't stop talking about it!

Reply to
HeyBub

Catch the critters in live traps and put little brushes on their feet. When they run around on the awning, they'll clean it at the same time. he he he

Reply to
Stephen King

Reply to
buffalobill

Learn to love pawprints?

Or rent a cherrypicker.

CLimb out an overhanging window on a rope.

Reply to
Goedjn

Thanks for all the tips. We don't have good access for a cherry picker. Has anybody ever tried putting little wheels near the nozzle of a power washer and guiding it around from 15 feet away?

Mike

buffalobill wrote:

Reply to
FacilityFred

Thanks for all the tips. We don't have good access for a cherry picker. Has anybody ever tried putting little wheels near the nozzle of a power washer and guiding it around from 15 feet away?

Mike

buffalobill wrote:

Reply to
FacilityFred

Thanks for all the tips. We don't have good access for a cherry picker. Has anybody ever tried putting little wheels near the nozzle of a power washer and guiding it around from 15 feet away?

Mike

buffalobill wrote:

Reply to
FacilityFred