[SOLVED] How to get a towel out of the toilet?

Blow it out with high pressure.

Reply to
Hipupchuck

No. Its stupid to not do what they say and suggest something bad, like trying to push it further down.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Whats so hard about pulling a toilet? I tenant called and said the toilet was clogged. All of the other drains worked fine. They said they had tried to push it out and fortunately they didn't. I pulled it and found a round plastic object in the trap. Best guess was their little nephew who was visiting tossed it in. If someone had succeeded pushing this into the drain stack it is pretty likely the next project would be to open the ceiling below and cut the stack open to remove the item.

Reply to
George
.

By the time you read all these posts you could have had it off and problem solved!

Reply to
rossdoug

"George" wrote

LOL, nothing at all. You can skin a cat any way you'd like. As a pro though, I don't think I have ever spent as much time actually using the closet auger, as I have walking to the truck to get it. I doubt you can say that about pulling the entire closet. Also, using the auger costs nothing in consummables except the one rag I need so I don't have to touch anything nasty. If you like sticking your head down near where your tenents ass goes, THEN YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD.

Reply to
Lefty

Columnist Dave Barry relates in one of his books how he and some of his buddies decided to become Rich Through the Power of Rental Property.

Since he had no other "skills", he was assigned the title of "Plumber on Call".

Eventually they sold the property, poorer but wiser. After this period of late-night "emergency" calls, Dave reached the conclusion that there was some alien mother ship orbiting the Earth, beaming down mind control rays that only tenants can hear: "PICK UP A FOREIGN OBJECT, AND FLUSH IT DOWN THE TOILET. RIGHT NOW!!!"

True conversation I (homeowner) had with a friend (lifetime renter):

"Ah, I can't, I'm broke." "How can you be broke? You own your house, you don't have to pay rent!" "I still have to pay $300 a month in property taxes." "Property tax? What the h@ll is *that*?" " I have to pay the city tax money every 3 months or they take my house." "Wha! That's crazy! That's *UNCONSTITUTIONAL*! You should *fight* that!!!"

So, hey, landlords: That's what tenants think, that the hard-earned (or not) rent money they give you every month (or roughly, or maybe not) is free and clear, and you can run down to the corner bar and buy the house a round (or two). So, don't drink *too* much tonight, 'cause you might be making a late-night visit to Mr. P-trap.

Reply to
Plague Boy

Maybe a reference too old for some in the group but.........

"Call Mister Rooter, that;s the name Just flush your problems down the drain Mister Rooter Mister Rooter

Reply to
Doug Brown

Hey, thank you very much.. I had the same problem and drain snakes did not work.. I bought the Toilet Auger and I took out the towell in less than 3 mins... thanks a lot

Reply to
miguel