How to Discourage a Skunk?

Home Guy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@Guy.com:

I don't think skunks eat bird seed. peanuts might do it.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Hav-a-hart trap covered with a blanket works. Saw my local animal control person do that when I caught a skunk by accident.

Fun thread:-))

Reply to
LouB

Not only foolish, but in some places, illegal. Ever hear of rabies?

nb

Reply to
notbob

I had a wooden deck (12x25) built on the ground at our RV trailer site. A family of skunks (two adults and two little ones) decided to make living under the deck, between two joists their home. I tried everything--ammonia, broken pieces of glass, store bought skunk repellant etc.--nothing helped. They would leave early evening-we stayed in and watched them go- and they were back before day light. During the day we could see them in the space between the decking-two inches under our feet.. I finally decided to go about our business as usual--sweeping, hosing down the deck and whatever else. I'll leave them alone as long as they left me alone. We never had an incident and I think that the saving grace was that they were so confined that they couldn't raise their tails.. Could be they also bought into the "I'll leave them alone if they leave me alone". So in your case, if tail space is limited, leave him alone and don't threaten him. MLD

Reply to
MLD

Reply to
Vic Smith

-snip-

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

I always thought the best way to discourage a skunk was not to vote for them again. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hey Boo Boo, I smell a pick-a-nick basket! :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Start laying your scent!

I don't know how fearless they are. I sprinkled fox urine sprinkles from the nursery for my garden.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Scent is probably the only way me and my roommate are going to housebreak Sandy The Wonder Chihuahua. I've never seen such a small submarine fire off such huge torpedoes. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas