how to avoid nailing into wires

I forgot to ask this in my previous post, but the header I am nailing from the outside of the house is about the same level as the outlet wires running through the inside wall. I guess it is really bad to nail into a wire, and probably not an easy way to avoid doing that? Thanks,

-- Jef

Reply to
dynamorph

roger61611

They have stud/electronic sensors that can tell you approximately where wiring is.

Reply to
borgunit

If this thing you call a "header" is actually a ledger board for a deck, then you should probably consider well what structural members you are actually fastening it to, and also consider using lag bolts instead of nails. Using some flashing with it is a good idea too.

A "header" is the framing piece running across the top of a door, window, or other opening. See these definitions:

HTH,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Sorry, hadn't read your first post, but my comments about fastening it on safely still stand.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

:They have stud/electronic sensors that can tell you approximately :where wiring is.

See the thread I started about a week ago in this newsgroup:

Subject: Stud sensors - Just picked up Ziron TriScanner OneStep. Is this a keeper?

Reply to
Dan_Musicant