How many men needed to bring a fridge up the stairs

I should have said that it's dangerous (to the piano) to move a piano with the sound board horizontal. Spinets and other uprights should be moved upright, and grands should be moved when they are on their side.

However these were only 300 dollar pianos** and I couldn't afford to also pay a mover. So I went only about 10 MPH on the rough parts of the road and only 25 or a little more on the very smooth parts, looking ahead to see if there were any chuckholes.

**The Wurlitzer sounded very good when my friend got it. The Winter sounded bad, even to me, when it came to my house. Maybe I wouldn't have bought it if I'd known a piano could sound bad to me. None other has, before or since. But a cheap, used piano can sound very good.

That's pretty funny.

Reply to
mm

This was a great answer. I googled japanese grandfather refrigerator and got about 89,900 hits. The first one was this very thread but that still left plenty. I narrowed it down, found a likely one, and emailed him. He's willing to come next week, but I have to pay the plane fare, $600, and provide the rope.

I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Reply to
mm

Let the 83 year old be the straw boss.

I'm 66 and I moved one up flight of stairs last year with the help of my 17 year old son.

Just put a blanket underneath it to protect the stairs and pull it up. It's not that heavy.

One mistake I made was to do it while my childbride was home.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

Was she a child when you married her, maybe 40 years ago, or is she still a child?

Reply to
mm