How many coaxial cables go to a satellite dish?

You could put 2 directional ones in, and combine their signals by using a splitter (yes, they work as 'combiners' too).

As long as you space them far enough apart they won't interfere with each other. Here is a great place to reference:

Wanna see something really cool to help you visualize the signal?
Get Google Earth here:
Get the .kmz file for your area here (Bittorrent download):

G. Morgan

Most of your channels will be located around 322° and the second biggest group is at 226°. For Lancaster, you'll need one pointed almost due north (that's where the transmitters are, west of the city)

Look at this picture showing potential channels you can get, and where they are on the compass:

Get a personalized one here (I just used 21202 in the zip code for the above example):

G. Morgan

Nope. I have:

  • Single dish with (I think) DIRECTV® SL3S (3-HEAD) SWM LNB

  • One coax cable from the dish to a splitter with

  • One coax cable from the splitter to a receiver/DVR with PI-21 power supply in-line.

  • One coax cable from the splitter to a simple received in another room.

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

That sounds unnatural. What does the Church say about this?

But I'm willing to do it. Easier than switching back and forth.

Thanks a lot. I think tvfool is a bit better than the other url that shows info like this.

Reply to
mm