Home Depot's Inventory Control Problem

I do know of such a product: Light bulbs of the higher sales volume types! 40, 60, 75 and 100 watt "A-line", and 4-foot fluorescents! Ones of major brands are still largely made in USA or Canada!

Don Klipstein

And just why do you think that those *NOT* looking for work should be counted as "employed". Sheesh, you libs are nutz!

Reply to
krw

Times change, get with the program. BTW, do you think a plumber or an electrician isn't somehow "middle class"? Grow up, already!

Reply to
krw

AEM, whitespace is nice.

BTW, how do we continue to pay the government employee, making

*twice* what the civvies make?
Reply to
krw

You hear things in your head too.

I won't, but since you're apparently on welfare perhaps you might want to try working for a living. You know Don, there is no guarantee of a good life. Never was, never will be. *WORK* you lazy ass!

Reply to
krw

And there's a telling comment -- "_a_ product:".

Reply to
dpb

Yes, but they did that by learning a trade. Not by working in retail stores. Learning a trade is *still* a path to joining the middle class. Working in retail isn't.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Most scientists and engineers in government service are making significantly

*less* than their counterparts in the private sector. The disparity is even greater for managers.
Reply to
Doug Miller

You certainly have not taken into account their benefits. *I* certainly don't get their health and retirement benefits, though will be paying for them until I die, and after, if the Democrats have their way.

krw

But it does include those that only want a very specific job and salary range and won't consider a career change of any sort. If you happen to be a shoemaker, steam locomotive builder or assembler of 5 1/4" floppy disks, chances are you have a long wait to find one that will put food on the table and offer 4 weeks vacation.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You are correct- not sure why previous poster misunderstood what I was trying to say. We can't come close to matching what private-sector pays qualified entry-level sysadmins and techies. One of many reasons Govt has outsourced most of those jobs. Not cheaper for the taxpayers, but you can get money for a service contract easier than you can get money for a warm body.

aem sends...

Reply to
<aemeijers

No, he is not.

Do the numbers. The private sector can&#39;t afford the medical nor retirement benefits the public sector gets. If a corporation ran the same sort of books the government did, the CEO would be sleeping in the same bunk as Ken Lay.

BTW, did you read the article I linked?

Reply to
krw

I&#39;ve found WalMart&#39;s prices easily beatable here in the Chicago area. The few pennies possibly saved are countered by the cost to travel to a Walmart, they&#39;re not on every corner. And did you hear that WalMart is pulling out of Germany - because German&#39;s figured out WalMart didn&#39;t actually have the lowest price.

mrsgator88

They don&#39;t stand behind much of anything. They&#39;ll be happy to point you to how to find the manufacturer&#39;s warranty, then you&#39;re on your own. No improvement there.

I once had an oil change done at a WalMart. After filling the engine with oil they forgot to put the cap on. I&#39;m pretty sure this "policy" is the result of someone forgetting to tighten the lug nuts. I hope the victim of such idiocy wasn&#39;t badly hurt.

Here in Chicago, WalMart prices will vary from store to store. The stores with less direct competition will have higher prices. Every so often the news media will compare prices against Target stores. At least here you don&#39;t always save at WalMart. And returns are so much easier at Target.

mrsgator88

What country are you in?

Reply to
lwasserm

Lots of people eat at McDonalds, but that doesn&#39;t mean their food is any good.

How do you come up with that assumption of 10%? I check prices and almost never end up buying from WalMart.

So does every other company too.

mrsgator88

And you are exactly what I was talking about Complacent Joe Beer Chucker. You are the whining complacent type that tolerates what bones are thrown your way while the rest of us that DO know how to figure things out act instead of sucking our thumbs and crying to mommy and asking the tax payers to help you out.

Complacent Joe Beer Chucker?s go crazy when you talk down about Complacent Joe Beer Chucker?s!

Reply to
Ed

Perhaps you have not thought this through. Many of the employees of these retail giants come from former high paying jobs but because of accident, injury, illness, they can no longer perform their previous duties.

So before we judge others by the jobs they have, think for a moment. Could it happen to you some day? Could an event befall you that you did not expect?

A good education could make one overqualified, a couple years off due to health issues can blight a great resume, and a disability can ruin a degree. All is not what it seems.

I would preferred to post my message to all , and not in particular in reply to yours, however, your post did stand out.

Reply to
Lulu

And as an owner of 3 retail flooring stores, I can give all kinds of stories about complacent Joe Beer Chucker types like you. I&#39;ve fired a bunch of them because they get this sad "YOU PEOPLE" mentality.