Help needed - Wife has to go.

OK, so I'm in the middle of taping the drywall in my basement. Walls are done with 1st coat and ceiling was next. I was out last night with a group of friends (the fellas) at a long planned Christmas break get-together. There were friends, good friends, that I haven't seen in over a year.

I got in late last night and this morning, when I asked my wife what she did last evening, said, "I started taping the ceiling..." I turned white.

Now, hard as rock, is tape with bubbles under it, tape that a half inch of mud under it, and tape sections that have no mud under them.

ARRGHGGHGHGHHHHH!

What is the easiest/best way to recover from a very bad taping job?

Make her do it over.

Reply to
Gini

Have a professional come in to fix her f*ck up and take it from her private stash. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Hopefully it's premixed mud. You can slather a thick coat on it, wait a bit for the coat underneath to soften up, and scrape the whole mess off and start over. If it's setting type you're screwed.

Reply to
marson

Sandable setting-type mud (e.g. EasySand) can be removed with water, too.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Yeah right. I should have said if she used Durabond, he's screwed.

Reply to
marson

A cheese grater type of file, normally used for Bondo auto body filler, might cut it down pretty well. Don Young

Reply to
Don Young