Help bfore the wife comes home! (What makes a kettle black?)

Best post of the year.

.

No divorce, but why Bill thinks I don't read ahr every night, I don't understand.

Mrs. Keeler

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thank you for a very entertaining thread. Why is this pot not merely a thing pot that can be easily replaced. In other words, it should be a lot easier thing to replace than a child asphyxiated by chlorine.

As for the picture, it was useless. With my lousy eyes I could not tell anything useful about it.

I do remember a product called Oakite. It seemed to be the best for aluminum pots. Its main ingredient was oxalic acid. Nevertheless, it needed heavy application of elbow grease.

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Luckily, I got away with it using the pool chlorine.

The kettle isn't as nice as it was, but it's not noticeably burned either.

She noticed it - but she just yelled at me for trying to clean it.

I said I was trying to clean the scale out of the inside (which I did), so, she appreciated the attempt.

It was a wedding gift years ago and we could never find one like it.

Reply to
Bill Keefer

It was a wedding gift and we've never been able to find one like it.

Bill Keefer

It was a wedding gift - and - we've never found another one like it.

Sorry. I shrink them to 640x480 to make it easier on the uploads:

Googling I saw a lot of mention of baking soda - but I didn't try it. I have no idea how, chemically, baking soda is supposed to work on the baked on burnt carbon (which is what the black/brown appear to be).

Reply to
Bill Keefer

Oven Easy-Off (lye) would do it too.

Reply to
dadiOH

No! No! No!

First you tell her you were attempting to prepare her favorite dish using the pan *we* got as a wedding gift.

Then apologize. I know, you didn't do anyth> Hmm. Now, to develop a cover story. "I was just cleaning it.... " This

Reply to
Misogynist

s/American/Democratic/ and you have political reality in a nutshell.

Reply to
krw

Baking soda is often used as a mild abrasive/polish. Some dentists suggest it for toothpaste.

Reply to
krw

After reading that this was a wedding gift, that just confirms the divorce. It might even be a DOUBLE divorce because of the circumstances.

(Look on ebay, you can find anything on ebay except cheap shipping.)

As a last resort, you might go to alt.marriage.repair!!!! There might be someone selling some new fangled, marriage repair power tool. Harbour Fright might have one too, but make sure it has at least a one year guarantee!

Reply to
tangerine3

I'd really be hesitant to try to repair a marriage with anything from Harbor Freight...

True story though, I have a friend who's a smartass and has a questionable sense of humor (I know, you're shocked) and he looooooves HF. (I've had interminable arguments with him about tools and quality vs. price...) We were walking through the store one day (his GF was shopping at a nearby outlet mall) and he points to the display of kneepads and says something like "I was going to buy these for the girlfriend, do you think she'd like them?" My response was "you'll have to spin that correctly, you know, something like 'but honey, I bought them for US!'"

What I didn't know was that there was a guy walking up right behind us, I didn't realize there was anyone around... thought the poor guy was going to blow out his sinuses trying to stifle himself... bet he had some 'splainin' to do...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

On Sun, 13 May 2012 12:49:53 +0000 (UTC), Bill Keefer wrote Re Re: Help bfore the wife comes home! (What makes a kettle black?):

No neet to be sorry. The rest of us appreciate it and can see it just fine.

Reply to
Vinny From NYC

If that is lead, you should be thankful you ruined it *before* you became severely ill from the lead.

Now drill a hole in the bottom, and use it for a planter. Women have this thing about turning EVERYTHING into planters, anyhow..... !!! (((Doncha just love those toilet planters in yards))) !!!

One final thought. Get your wife some new pot. I'd suggest some Columbian Gold!!! (Dont forget the papers and rolling machine).

Reply to
tangerine3

there is nothing wrong with lead solder that never comes in contact with food... sheesh. Although I suspect that for cookware, it's actually silver solder not lead solder.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Could be but I thought it was the new "generation" thing to do. Either way, IMO nonsense.

Reply to
Doug