HELP** best CaulkFor painting windows

I am painting my exterior wood windows. Before I paint I need to re caulk the seams around the trim and between the sill and the sill nose. What is the best type of caulk for this application. Should I seal before I paint or should I seal after the primer coat and before the final coat. Any recommendations welcome. Thanks!!

John

Reply to
John W

A high quality latex with silicone caulk will do the job. At Lowes it is called trim and window caulk. 35 years or so the label claims. I won't be around to verify whether it lasted that long or not..

I usually caulk after I prime because it is easier to see. Your responses on this one will be about 50/50.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt