HD And Lowes For Roofs / Siding Work ? Do they Truly Stand Behind Guarantee ?

I would just go to a good local guy and see what they offer you. Home Depot and Lowes both farm out their work to subcontractors. Why the hell would I want my work farmed out to the guy who bids the lowest for the job while they make a profit off of basically doing nothing???

If you dont have any recommendations from other locals who do siding work, go to a supply place and ask them if they were going to do work on their own home, who would they use?

Doing a little research into the type and differences is siding can make a real difference too. Just start doing searches on the Internet and should find a fortune in information.

Reply to
BocesLib

Hello:

Live outside of Boston.

Anyone have any experience with HD or Lowe's for house repairs like siding or new roof work ?

Would be most interested in hearing your experiences with.

How good is their guarantee to "make it right" ?

Do they truly stand behind the work they farm out ?

Easy to work with, and have work done to your satisfaction, etc. ?

Prices ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

The only thing good about going to Sears, Lowes or Home Depot is that you have someone to sue when things go bad.

Reply to
Art

A woman at work had HD side the house. The salesman told them XXX (some trim stuff IIRC) was included, but the crew was not going to do it. After a couple of phone calls, it was done. Overall, she is satisfied with the price, workmanship, has not had any warranty issues.

She had a few quotes and they were similar in price. I don't know the material specifications though. IMO, you can do as well or better with a local contractor with a good reputation.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Home Depot: Good carpet job, roofing contractor pushed very hard to sell a $2,000 extra-cost warranty but did good work.

Lowe's: Will LIE, LIE, LIE and say the bath kitchen cabinet unstallation meets industry standards even when the trim is installed badly, an end panel doesn't match the cabinet fronts, and the customers specifically approved chipboard construction when they specifically wanted it avoided because it gradually sags from exposure to moisture. Their corporate people will not help at all and will claim that idiot brat store and district managers have final say over YOUR satisfaction. Rip-off artists. It can be good to have a lawyer as a friend or relative who can write threatening-sounding letters.

Whoever you use, be sure to go over every detail ahead of time (don't hesitate to ask how every little thing will be done), and check the work as it progresses because it's much better than letting the work be completed and then going back to make corrections - for everybody.

Reply to
beerspill

Reply to
All in One Service and Repair

I'd say this is the way to go, ask your neighbors. A realtor also told me once to have roofwork done with permits and an inspection by the city. Said the roofer wouldn't like it and would add on fees but that it was the best way to get a guarantee it was done right.

Reply to
jjj_soper

Reply to
eebolos