Green Copper

I"M not removing it. He claims he will after taking posession. Personally I think he is just trying to make an excuse for lowering the price. So does my realtor. He also wanted me to pay to replace perfectly good carpeting! We hav so far negotiated that out of the deal.

Has not had an inspector look at it yet as we have not reached an agreement yet.

I totally agree about the copper doing it again. The cause IS the clorine in the whirlpool per our plumber. High PH water might also be contributing to the problem.

He's the first one to look. We have a second coming over today. Next week it is on the realtor tour. We have been very busy getting it emptied out and into our new home 9 hours away.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

Carpet?!? Are these young people? That's nuts! Murphy's Law: If you have clean carpet, it is guaranteed to rain or snow on the day you move in. The movers are not going to switch from shoes to nice clean slippers every time they come in the door. :-)

When I was house shopping, my realtor and I looked at a house owned by a young guy who was a deer hunter. He had antlers hanging all over the walls. He happened to mention that the house had been on the market for 3 months, without a single expression of interest from buyers. Weird, because it was a great house. My realtor suggested that he get the antlers off the walls because they probably turned a lot of people off. He did it. It was sold in a week.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I believe the idea was that we give them a floor covering allowance to pay them to replace the whole house with new carpet and linoleum and this would be AFTER moving in. The absolute worst case scenario is that we replace the padding in the entrance way and have the first room professionally shamnpooed. The carpet is in excellent condition! They just don't like the style.

essarily turned them off as such, but definately distracted potential buyers. I tried to explain that to my wife. She doesn't listen. Now most of it is in our other house. One truck load and it is finished with our stuff. My son takes posession on their house mid-January, then an empty house!

Reply to
Mike Dobony

What's the real estate market like in your city right now? If it's a buyer's market, you may have to cave on that. If it's a seller's market, you can tell them to pound sand.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Almost a nitch market. Largest house on the block, only one with a whirlpool (HOT selling point except with this buyer). Overall market rather neutral, depends on the house and neighborhood market. This house is near the bottom of the upper-scale homes in the nearby area with a few extras, like curb-side mail box (one of only 2 streets in the town with curb-side mail service) and double the price houses only 2 blocks away. Also, every market is both a seller's market and a buyer's market. Much depends on the determination of the seller and individual buyer. We are not exactly pressed at this time to sell. I don't start school now until May.

Reply to
Mike Dobony