gravity gas furnace in outage needs car inverter.

discussion welcome.

i would explore the possibility of replac> Buffalo Bill,

> I saw a post you did on gas heat during power outage. > > I have an old Holland gravity (gas) heater in the basement. It works great. It

appears to be hooked up to a 20v tranformer coming off a 110 12/2 wire box in the house.

> My question is this. What would it take to power this puppy in a power outage?

Would it be possible to switch it "on" with a car battery/inverter arrangment or is there a battery back-up of any kind that I could use?

> I think that it must have had some kind of mechanical device that "turned it

on" back in the day (there are a couple of suspicious levers up in the kitchen that ran to the basement at one time) but I'm finding no information of that on the internet.

> In my opinion, it would be OUTRAGEOUS for this house, with a gas gravity

heater, to be without heat in a power outage.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated. > > -Timbre' Wolf
Reply to
buffalobill