Got Mice Living in Ceiling

I've got a family of mice living in my living roof ceiling. Any recommendations for how to get rid of them?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike

trap don't poison they will die in bad places peanut butter on mouse traps!

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

Mice don't usually stay in the ceiling. They wander around at night in search of food. That's when you get 'em. I've had excellent results with sticky traps and I got me a good cat. Feed the cat just enough to keep it around. If you overfeed the cat, it won't hunt.

Bob

Reply to
rck

How do you know they are mice and not chipmunks or flying squirrels, do you now where they go in and out.

Reply to
m Ransley

Think cat.

Borrow one if you have to.

Reply to
JerryMouse

This cat I got wandered up out of the holler one day, skinny and mean. It had to hunt for a living so I knew it would be a good mouser. First day it brought me a squirrel. Good kitty. It's due to have kittens any day now, good bloodline, let me know where to send them.

Bob

Reply to
rck

I had some show up in my attic area a month or so ago. After having squirrels who can cause some real damage I called the pros out, the same guy who got the squirrels.

I was up in the area several times trying to find evidence of exactly what I was up against and then we both went up when he arrived. He was able to identify them by a small amount of evidence as mice. He suggested poison and I went out and got some and put it in place. As it turned out, it seems they did not like all the traffic in the neighborhood and moved out.

As to why the long story, the pro said not to worry about the smell of dead mice, as the area was hot and dry and they were small so they would not smell, I would just end up with some mummified mice.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

The greatest number of mice killed by one cat is 28,899. Towser, a tortoise-shell tabby in charge of rodent control at a Scottish brewry, killed 28,899 mice in her 21 years. This is about four mice per day, every day, for 21 years. Towser died in 1987.

Had I been in charge of the brewery, I'd have gotten Towser a helper.

Reply to
JerryMouse

Be sure to keep the kittens for 7-8 weeks so the mother can train them to be as good hunters as she is. They need to learn, they don't just automatically know how to hunt. And spay the mother after the kittens are weaned.

Reply to
xymergy

No money for spaying, I'm retired on a low fixed income. What happens to the cat happens. Some of the kittens will be roadkill, some will be gotten by the foxes. One or two may survive or may not. This isn't like life in the big city. We don't get too attached to animals here, except for maybe a good coon dog.

Reply to
rck

If you have kids or a lazy cat and do not want to put the spring type traps on the floor try the walk in and shut the door type of traps.. they work well too and don't pinch fingers. Hold your nose when you open them though, mice really smell even when they are alive.

Reply to
Bonzo

MEOW MEOW !!!!!

Reply to
spamfree

How do they know the facts on this, and where did u get this onfo. Did they have this cat on a video monitor at all times ro what?

Reply to
spamfree

Yes, I'm thinking the same thing.

Mie

Reply to
Mike

I've got some sticky traps outm but I'll buy more. Really don't like cats, but it looks like one is in my future.

mike

Reply to
Mike

I saw one late one night.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I'll get some of them too.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Yep.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Sounds like just what I needI'm in the Baltimore, MD area. Where are you located?

Mike

Reply to
Mike