Gas leak emergency instructions

Our Father who art in Heaven I might be there, too, in a second!

Thy kingdom come.... but not yet this one....

On Earth, instead of in Heaven.

Glad you didn't have an explosion. That woulda been nasty.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

There a lot of people that just like to argue.

Those who only have cell phones tend to rethink that decision the first time they have power out for an extended time. :-)

Andy

Reply to
Mint

Nine pumps explode? Where do ye live? Hamish

Not at all. The idea is to get the person out of the house (and hope there is no one else inside), because if someone were to call from a cell phone it would spark and the house would explode - just like what happens all over the world at gas pumps. We had nine pumps explode in my town just last week. Damn cell phones.

Seamus J. Wilson

Not at all. The idea is to get the person out of the house (and hope there is no one else inside), because if someone were to call from a cell phone it would spark and the house would explode - just like what happens all over the world at gas pumps. We had nine pumps explode in my town just last week. Damn cell phones.

R ======================

Got any reputable news links about those 9 exploding pumps?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

re: point of ignition

I watched a movie where the bad guy placed a lit candle on top of the fridge and then loosened the hose to the gas range just a little bit.

He was long, long gone before the gas reached the level of the candle and ignited.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

If you have your cellphone with you, great, take it and use it outside. However, if your cell phone is sitting on the counter plugged into the charger, you wouldn't want to grab it and unplug it, which could result in a small spark (at least my phones with crappy connectors)

The whole idea is to get out ASAP, before *anything* causes a spark, whether an old phone you try to use, the furnace pilotless ignition firing, a lamp timer switching, whatever.

Josh

Reply to
Josh

re: point of ignition

I watched a movie where the bad guy placed a lit candle on top of the fridge and then loosened the hose to the gas range just a little bit.

He was long, long gone before the gas reached the level of the candle and ignited.

====================

Feh. Sounds like an amateur. :-) Not enough drama. This is the right way:

JoeSpareBedroom

.

Fortunately, not all stoves are designed that way. On mine, you have to push the knob in to activate the spark and it has to have a flame to stay on. Just turning on the know won't turn on the gas, you have to hold it for a couple of seconds one lit for the thermocouple to sense heat.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Reply to
stan

Oh, gosh, just drive around and look. It's pretty obvious, you know.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Snopes says it never happened.

Kurt Ullman

Must be Ullman's law. Eventually, when everyone else is joking around. Someone will miss the humor, and consult Snopes.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Party pooper. Note that it was thoroughly debunked 10 years ago. I suppose, 'new decade, new round of debunking'.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Must be Mormon's Law. Every time he tries humor, people miss it.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Take my wives..... please!

Reply to