Furnace shut down

I have a Rheem Criterion Gas furnce with an intermitant problem. My house was built in 1997 and the furnace is the same age. The problem I have been experiencing is when the furnace starts it's cycle the ignitor will glow, the flame kicks in and when the blower comes on the flame will go out. This repeats 4 times. I'll leave it alone and it seems to correct itself. I havecleaned the flame sensor and have checked the ground and every thing seems fine. Could it be the gas valve?

Reply to
Rick

maybe. maybe search google.com for specifications on gas valve of your model to see what is needed. maybe replace the sensor.

or dealer info at

good answers to similar questions at:

buffalobill

It could be many things. Why not call your local licensed professional HVAC dealer and have him look at it before it quits on a weekend, you freeze your ass off and you pay through the nose for an overtime service call? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Hi, Can't fetch trouble code when it acts up? Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Ya know...I was just thinking the same thing, and the phone rang..I just sent a guy out to look at a commercial job that we had looked at a month ago, and once they found out what was wrong, they paid for the service call, and said their guy could do it..

Obviously...he didnt....got an entire shipping department shut down right now.....its 11pm.....ouch.

Reply to
CBHVAC

Replace flame sensor. ( Part is like $12 )

Reply to
Brian

Reply to
Rick

I worked on such a problem this year. After a new flame sensor, the next step was to replace the circuit board. That did the job, now the furnace works.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thats the one that you left them with no heat for a week right? Even after you asked and were told what the problem most likely was, you still refused to do your job right and check. You are NO tech, but a parts changer, and I am willing to bet the farm that the board was the ONLY part bad... You stole from those people like you stole that $100 from that drunk lady that night.

Any legitimite company would have had it repaird that night....even if it ment calling and getting a supplier to open. not a week later.

Reply to
CBHVAC

Reply to
Rick