Furnace installed improperly

Page 2 of 2
Thanks for all the good ideas. This is not my first house, it was supposed to be the retirement house. The furnace is factory installed, as I said all repair work is covered by the factory at no cost to me. I've already taken pictures of the seen problems, but until a crew gets here to open up the attic from the outside(there is no other way in) I won't know the extent of the damage. Sounds like I should be prepared to go to the wall with them.

They provided no attic access from the inside??? This gets better and better. Did you actually speak to any of the people who built this house? Were they drunk all day?

Umm, wouldnt it be a good idea to just call them, discuss it and have them fix it? Why such the worry? Has this company been a problem all the way through your new home process? Start documenting stuff, paper, phone calls and pictures. Before anything is closed up, have a local builder or inspector check things out and sign off on it for you. If it all goes south, THEN you worry about how many thousands you are going to pay to retain a lawyer. Everyone talks a big game but trying to sue someone is big big bucks. No one hardly ever wins but the lawyers. Keep that in mind when he has his hand in your pocket. Bubba
They could have killed you.
Get a lawyer
Bill wrote:

Another symptom of what's wrong with America and why we have so many lawyers wasting money and driving up the cost of everything. Bubba gave the best advice. The OP has a warranty and the company has indicated it will make the necessary repairs. Why the hell would anyone go running to a lawyer?
A far better approach is to do as Bubba suggested and get the local building inspector involved. If he shows no real interest, and the OP doesn't have a reasonable understanding of how the work should be done, then I would consider hiring a competent home inspector to come over a few times. Before the repairs start, a couple times during, and again when they are done. I'd get a price/rate nailed down upfront.
My concern is that all the carbon monoxide (which is supposed to be vented outdoors) is now in the home with you.
Sounds like you are in danger of monoxide poisoning. Any flu or headache or red cherry like skin? Blue fingernails? Children who don't wake up for days at a time?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.