Furnace installed improperly

Umm, wouldnt it be a good idea to just call them, discuss it and have them fix it? Why such the worry? Has this company been a problem all the way through your new home process? Start documenting stuff, paper, phone calls and pictures. Before anything is closed up, have a local builder or inspector check things out and sign off on it for you. If it all goes south, THEN you worry about how many thousands you are going to pay to retain a lawyer. Everyone talks a big game but trying to sue someone is big big bucks. No one hardly ever wins but the lawyers. Keep that in mind when he has his hand in your pocket. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

They could have killed you.

Get a lawyer

Reply to
Bill

Another symptom of what's wrong with America and why we have so many lawyers wasting money and driving up the cost of everything. Bubba gave the best advice. The OP has a warranty and the company has indicated it will make the necessary repairs. Why the hell would anyone go running to a lawyer?

A far better approach is to do as Bubba suggested and get the local building inspector involved. If he shows no real interest, and the OP doesn't have a reasonable understanding of how the work should be done, then I would consider hiring a competent home inspector to come over a few times. Before the repairs start, a couple times during, and again when they are done. I'd get a price/rate nailed down upfront.

Reply to
trader4

We bought our house used in 1957. It was probably built after 1950. In indianapolis, the whole house was built over a crawl space and though I was only in the crawl space twice**, I don't remember any insulation. We had gas forced air. I used to sit on the floor in the den, with a thin rug,and it was always warm enough.

We had to remember to close the crawl space vents in the winter and open them in the summer, or was it the other wway around?

**It was always muddy down there, even when I just looked in. (maybe I should have made a point to look during August.) I think the water table was about an inch below the bottom of the crawl space, which was about 3 feet high. I didn't relish bending over, so I was glad we never had to do anything down there.

mm

My concern is that all the carbon monoxide (which is supposed to be vented outdoors) is now in the home with you.

Sounds like you are in danger of monoxide poisoning. Any flu or headache or red cherry like skin? Blue fingernails? Children who don't wake up for days at a time?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

most important:

is the venting rectified?

install a carbon monoxide detector immediatly [ today ]

get an attorney, the side of the roof might have to be replaced and they will try and lowball the repair

dont sign anything until you speak with an attorney.

Reply to
whodat