Furnace does not follow thermostat setup ???

-- We have been in our new (resale) house since summer.

The furnace does not "always" follow the thermostat programming. It initially follows the thermostat setting of say 20 degrees, first thing in teh morning, but after getting to 20, the temp drops off and it hovers around 16 degrees.

>> It will not fire up again or come up to the set temp, unless, I go down

and trip/reset the main furnace switch ?????

BTW: batts are good in the thermostat.

really aprpeciate any assistance here. thanx.

regards......'Ole

----------------------------------------------------------- "Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak; and that it is doing God's service when it is violating all His laws. Our passions...possess so much metaphysical subtlety and so much overpowering eloquence that they insinuate themselves into the understanding and the conscience and convert both to their party." --JOHN ADAMS

Reply to
'ole

Most likely a poorly designed thermostat. What brand / model is it?

Travis Jordan

This is Turtle.

If it works good in regular mode and not the programming mode. You have problem in the thermostat.

Now If it has batterys in it take them out for about 4 hours and let the prgram card reset it's self. then put them back in there. Now if no batterys turn the power off to it or un plug it for 4 hours and do the same. Sometime this may work but if not New thermostat is coming over the hill soon.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

If it was just a thermostat adjustment problem (temperature spread or cycles per hour), the breaker for the furnace would not influence a battery operated thermostat.

You need to figure out what is failing on the furnace that is reset when it is power cycled, and get that fixed. For example, the vent damper on my steam boiler would not reopen when hot (until it cooled down). While your problem may be a device malfunction, some other safety device may be protecting you from harm (carbon monoxide, etc.).

So if you do not have the knowledge to figure out what is tripping out, it may be time to call a Pro, before you wake up dead.

Reply to
David Efflandt