Frozen gas pipes?!

I just spotted a "What to do if your gas pipes are frozen" on my electricity/gas supply company's website (EDF).
Remind me, at what temperature does methane freeze?
--
Why is the front of an aeroplane called a cockpit?
If you have female pilots do you call it a pussypit?
On 4/26/2018 10:13 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Water can get into gas pipes and accumulate in low spots. Just as piping has a drip let at vertical elbows.

How does it let water out but not gas?
--
Man who walk through turnstyle sideways going to bangkok!

On 4/28/2018 11:49 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I'm pretty sure Ed meant "leg" not "let"; it's just a collection point that keeps the condensate/entrained water have a place to go out of the main line into the appliance; not an automatic outlet.
And, yes, gas supplies are _supposed_ to be essentially dry; it's an insurance policy for the inevitable case where for some reason some moisture is introduced into the system by whatever means; could be as simple as having to opened the system somewhere else for maintenance.
Here, where many rural residences are on direct wellhead taps or a tap off of a collection line, it's a much bigger issue than "the gas company" commercial distribution most are undoubtedly thinking of, but still "stuff happens" even with them.
On 4/28/2018 2:01 PM, dpb wrote:

Correct. Instead of an elbow at 90 degree turn, they use a Tee and the bottom has a short nipple and cap. Traps anything moving in the pipe, liquid or solid.

I take it someone has to milk the nipple every so often.
--
If only women came with pull-down menus and on-line help.

On 4/29/2018 8:31 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

No, I've take them apart after years and found a little dust. Even on industrial with 4" feed.

So it wasn't really necessary to have it there.
--
"Oh, Jason, take me!" she panted, her breasts heaving like a student on 31p-a-pint night.

On 4/29/2018 8:36 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote: ...

Insurance is only necessary after the fire, too...

Insurance is a con. Remember, insurance companies make a profit....
--
Six stages of married life:
1: Tri-weekly

But it's not likely to happen. Look at the odds. What percentage of the value of your house do you pay to the insurance company? Now on average they make a profit, so the chances of actually needing a full payout must be virtually nothing.
--
Mary's lamb had foot and mouth.
The vet he came and shot it.

Why are you arguing with a troll?
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 46th day of Discord in the YOLD 3184
Huge wrote:

Applause!