Free Flashlight Coupon

Yep. Harbor Freight is almost as much fun to browse as a gun show.

About the only thing I used to be able to afford at a gun show was another case of ammunition, but lately...

Whereas I can afford MOST of the stuff at HF. For example, I got a five-foot diameter, fold up patio umbrella for $3.69. It'll come in handy while watching the next stand-in-the-sun parade. Oh, the umbrella's cheaply made, but, then again, so are the parades around here*.

Reply to
HeyBub

Did you get the same answer I did?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Did you get the same answer I did?

-- Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus

Apparently not. Sure you are tuned into the right channel?

Reply to
George

Exactly! WWJD? I thought the J stuff was for real. I guess the joke is on me.

Reply to
Tony

The reality is that sales are very slow right now in all retail sectors HF iss more than happy to get people in the store, and with that particular coupon, they get your name and information to send you even more good deals with.

I'm finding other retailers are also being very liberal about honoring coupons and even honoring multiple coupons at the same time. Anything to move the merchandise out the door and make some kind of a profit is perfectly fine with them.

It's a buyers market out there right now.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Probably not. I havn't bought one of the new converters, so I can pray in digital. All my answers to prayers are all scrambled, and it's mostly snow at the moment. I hate it when that happens.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Why do you think someone is playing a joke on you? Doesn't make much sense.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's the trend I'm also sensing. People are nervous about the US economy, and so they are being even more frugal than before.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Considering that for the last few years, the US has had a NEGATIVE savings rate, "more frugal" isn't all that hard.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

I've heard that too--- but the St. Louis Fed disagrees-

is a link to St. Louis there-- but there is a graph on the page that makes it easy to see]

Right now we're almost back to the 1994 savings rate of 5%.

Jim [can I count the $5 I saved on that free flashlight?]

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

The main problem I have with NOT taking out the entire cost of a car, for instance when it is bought. It is Washington-esque accounting to suggest that a car loan doesn't exist, which is essentially what they are doing. Sorry, but I don't live in a universe where a long-term liability (such as a car loan) is essentially treated as a short term asset. >

Which is still real low compared to others such as Chinese and Japanese. Although the one major hole in the savings rates as far as I am concerned is that they don't count IRAs, pension plans, etc., as savings.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

I had written a reply explaining it to you but I deleted it for the sake of the group. Just forget the matter.

Reply to
Tony

Don't change that. They're much better that way :-)

Reply to
real1