Ford Aerostar White Coolant Residue

Actually they will run up pretty close to full speed when hot and running steady speed. I'd switch to an electric fan if I was having fan clutch problems.

Reply to
clare

Hi, Is the rad. chem. flushed by rad dunking in the chem. bath? Is inside the rad. REALLY clean?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

restricted coolant

Radiator is not restricted.

I turn it off, there's a pretty good resistance to spinning.

the engine up to idle speed and then turn it off, and count the revolutions until it stops. Doing the same thing when hot, it stops quicker.

same whether hot or cold. I've been told that these after-market fan clutches are prone to fail early. I changed it once and was a lot easier than a water pump.

engine warm up quickly and then starts to cool when hot. What do you think about bolting the clutch in place so that the fan always spins the same?

a few months old. Can you recommend any particular brand?

No idea. I had the radiator shop do their usual annual flush and pressure check.

Reply to
Guv Bob

restricted coolant

Radiator is not restricted.

turn it off, there's a pretty good resistance to spinning.

the engine up to idle speed and then turn it off, and count the revolutions until it stops. Doing the same thing when hot, it stops quicker.

whether hot or cold. I've been told that these after-market fan clutches are prone to fail early. I changed it once and was a lot easier than a water pump.

warm up quickly and then starts to cool when hot. What do you think about bolting the clutch in place so that the fan always spins the same?

Sounds good, but the car has run fine until now, so I'll first just try repair & replacing stuff.

Reply to
Guv Bob