Forced Hot Water Heating System: What Temp Limits,, And What Should Pressure Be At Limits ?

Im no pro but what are you set at. You set the high temp between 170 -

200 . 200 if you need more heat at -20f. If you set it to low your recirculator pump will run continuosly when it is cold. Pressure is relative to hight of bldg and your gauge is labeled so as altitude or in feet. Your boiler has a pressure saftey blow off on it to limit pressure I set a 3 story at 15 psi cold.

But if you have to ask, you should get a pro to clean and check your boiler and educate you on your set up . Now is the time, not when it breaks.

Reply to
m Ransley

Hello:

I have the typical New England colonial of 2 floors. Heating is by a Hydrotherm (35 yr old) forced hot water system (gas)

Would like to ask:

What should the High and Low cycle for Temp limits be ?

What should the pressure gage read (feet and/or psi) when the water is at the Low Limit ? What should it be at the High Limit ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11