forced hot air

Hello , I have a very small cape style house with a two zone (upstairs/doenstairs) forced hot air sytem.

Both of the motorized units mounted on the ducts have never worked correctly. and in fact now they both dont work at all . I believe they are called tematrols ?

Anyway can I replace the motorized unit with manual type ? I relise I would loose the upstairs zone control but that is OK as plenty of heat reches the upstairs.

Can I simply diconnect the wires and remove the two motorized controls and replace them with two manual controls that I can adjust to let most of the heat go downstairs and just a bit to feed upstairs.

will disconnecting and removing the tempa trols have and affect on the furnace operation?

thanks for the help

Reply to
john_k_green

I don't think anyone can give you a simple yes or no based on what you have told us.

Making a few guesses I would say yes, but I had to make guesses to say they. I would also say you may well be happier and be able to run your system for less cost by having the system properly repaired. You may be able to save far more than the cost of the work.

I suggest finding a good local tech (ask friends and neighbors) and have them take a look at your system and make suggestions of where to go with what you have now. BTW normally heating systems have more difficulty keep the lower floors warm, not the upper floors.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan