Flushing / Cleaning Hot Water Heater Help Needed

Is it possible somehow when the water was drained it caused some sediment to be stirred up and one big piece is somehow flushed into the hot water outlet and stucked somewhere, causing the reduced pressure?

Sum

Michael Baugh wrote:

Reply to
Cuse

It sounds like you have a gate valve and the somehow you managed to pull the stem loose or something with the valve mostly closed.

You keep looking for other answers, but everything you say points to only one thing.

Repeat after me: It's the damn valve. I will replace the valve. It will fix the problem. I will replace the valve, I will replace the valve.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

You do not have the knowledge necessary to fix the problem yourself.

Call a plumber.

Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...

Trent

Reply to
Trent©

The water heater serves as a settling basin for grit and debris, but sometimes it manages to be mobilized. And sometimes a cutoff valve, especially those dainty ones that are frequently used under sinks and toilets, will lose a bit of itself or a chunk of calcium, and it makes its way to the water use valve.

As a complete aside, I used a torch and solder on my plumbing projects for over 30 years. But then, when I was redoing my bathroom, I had Styrofoam in the walls and couldn't afford to risk the torch. I found a 2-part epoxy product that's NFPA approved for up to 2" pipes. I practiced with it, changed to use a bit, and used it for all the redo, with not a single leak. Just thought I'd mention that.

But rather than learning how to do plumbing right now with your wife wanting to take a shower, I suggest getting a handyman or plumber in to fix it. And I think the pressure equalizing valves really suck, so I stay with discrete valves.

I ran separate lines to each of my fixtures, instead of having the cold water drop in the shower when a toilet was flushed.

Reply to
Michael Baugh