Floor cover over sealed concrete

Had a garage addition competed last fall and the contractor sealed the concrete before I could stop him. I want to install vinyl tiles on the floor but I'm concerned about the glue sticking to the sealed concrete. Anyone have experience with this issue?

Reply to
Jeff Dieterle

Find out what sealer was used. I suspect it was curing compound, but it still makes a difference. As an example, Conspec 1 would give you trouble while Conspec 21 would work just fine.

There are ways to overcome the wrong stuff, but they do usually include acid etching, etc.

Reply to
DanG