Finding underground plastic lawn sprinkler lines

Are you sure the heads are not blocked. A small amount of dirt in a head can block the water. My lawn had raised over the years with top-dressing, etc., and over winter my grass grows right over the heads so they won't pop up until I cut a hole in the sod for them, but I still get water flow. In your case, it sounds like an internal blockage, as you get flow for a few seconds, probably enough to fill the lines.

I would suggest you remove > Other than trial-and-error digging, are there other tricks or special

Reply to
William Brown

Dowsing? We were talking about finding sprinkler pipes. Now, go take your medicine.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

try opening the manuel bleed screw on the valve and see if you get a continous flow until closed . if you do then i would bet either the 24volt slonoid is bad or maybe the wire connection is bad

Reply to
Playintennis5274