Faucet -- Stop it from "turning off???"

I have a single-lever kitchen faucet. Stainless steel, fairly heavy construction. About a year old.

You can see a pix of it here:

Works fine for medium and above water flow.

At lower volume it has a handy -- NOT -- shut-off feature. In other words the faucet handle slowly sinks down -- takes about 7-10 seconds

-- and turns it self off.

I have found numerous posts about Price/Pfister faucets doing this, but have found no suggestions on how to fix this.

Any clues?

Reply to
tim birr

More friction. With some models, you may get by with tightening the retainer ring to 60 inch-pounds. Is it an Avanti? That probably requires replacement of the cartridge and retainer ring.

Reply to
J Burns

OP again. It's an Eclipse, made in China.

I forgot to mention it only does the "turn-off" on the hot water....And it is more like 3 seconds and then it lowers down.

The brand is pretty much only sold through granite fabricators. It actually has a good reputation from what I can tell. And the journeyman plumber who installed it reluctantly said it appeared to be very well constructed

Reply to
tim birr

Some faucets are designed to turn off hot water automatically. The designer may have assumed that somebody who turned on the hot partway wanted a quick rinse. snipped-for-privacy@eclipsestainless.com could probably tell you.

Reply to
J Burns

If is slowly shuts off, push it down bythand for a faster shutoff

Reply to
hrhofmann

OP Again/.////

Well, OK, as I suspected since I found nothing via google before I posted, that this is sorta of an issue with no solution....BTW...retaining ring makes no sense to me, though I do appreciate the effort at trying.

Anyway, guess I'll live with it for now.

Reply to
tim birr