Exterior Wood Patching ?

Hi,

Other than Bondo, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can use to fill in a small amount of rotted wood (after cleaning out the bad section) in a wooden patio door frame ?

Would like it to be relatively easy to use, good for outddors of course, and to set up totally hard so I can sand and paint over it.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Last time I did this, I found at least two products at the hardware store, labeled as "exterior patching compound". If I recall, one was made by DAP, as you'd probably expect, since their name's on so many other products. Head to the hardware store.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Minwax used to make 2 part patch/hardener.

Reply to
Art

| > >Hi, | >

| > >Other than Bondo, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can | > >use to fill in a small amount of rotted wood (after cleaning out the bad | > >section) in | > >a wooden patio door frame ? | >

| > >Would like it to be relatively easy to use, good for outddors of course, and | > >to set up totally hard so I can sand and paint over it. | >

| > >Thanks, | > >Bob | >

| > I found my 'exterior' wood puddy, is weak. It swells when exposed to | > moisture(rain, dew, etc). So I had to get it quickly covered with a | > couple layers of paint. Might want to look for an epoxy based puddy, | > like bondo :D, so it's truely exterior grade. imho. | >

| > Tom @www.FreelancingProjects.com | | You keep using the word "puddy" which is not in Funk & Wagnalls. | | "Putty" is. Ain't spell-checkers wonderful? | | J |

but it is in "Warner Bros" dictionary. I taught I taw a "puddy" tat.

to the OP Elmers exterior wood fill works great.

Reply to
3G

Minwax makes an exterior epoxy which holds up well.

Reply to
NickySantoro