Some solutions: Don't let it get so high. Wet it down to keep the dust
down when you are in there. Go buy a $25 respirator with changeable
cartridges and know that you're not taking that stuff in. All that dust
can't be good for you, no matter what is in there. And there is some rodent
and insect particles in there that can downright kill you. Hantavirus.
Valley fever, and a dozen other things.
I used to drive forklift at the Las Vegas Convention Center. For years,
we'd get a gift show where people from all over the world would exhibit.
Called ASD/AMD. I would always get sick after that show, from what I
believed was inhaling particles off the merchandise and crates that were
made in dirt shops all over the world, then transported as general cargo.
I wear a dust mask when I just do my weed eater. Well, not a dust mask, but
a two cartridge respirator.
I'm worth it, and so are you.
You keep harping on this as if I have claimed that *I* am the owner of
this property, which I am *not*.
I posted about this issue because I am interested in understanding the
realationship between line-trimmer-use and disease.
I also have a 2-cartridge respirator, and I'll use it if a dust mask
ends up being insufficient.
I did not harp on this. It was the first time I brought it up, and it was a
suggestion, and not a "why" question, as it you had intent.
This thread has now been so convoluted, I can't tell if you are the OP or
just a contributor. I have more comments, but some are for the OP, and some
are for the PG. (peanut gallery)
I've never used Outlook, but it sounds like you would be better off with
a different client if it doesn't provide yout with the
ability to easily go back and see for yourself.
Anyway, I *am* this thread's OP, but I wasn't asking for advice on how to
handle dust. I was just curious to know if the experiance that I had was
at all common.
I *was* bustin up a lot of pokeweed, and I know they're toxic.
It could have been that, but I figured that the reaction would have been
more immediate it that was the case.
How rapidly did you get sick after trimming those Azaleas?
At this time of the year, all portions of the pokeweed are toxic.
Toxic material is highest at the rootstock, where you would be
cutting. And on a humid day, if you wipe your face, or the toxic
material gets to your eyes or by way of the typical cuts and
abrasions on your body, you can get into trouble without showing
On Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 10:57:51 PM UTC-4, ShadowTek wrote:
It is common sense that every one's respiratory system is stronger or weake
r than each other. Just like some people get poison ivory and others don't.
When cutting any grass weeds or especially poison ivory or poison oak. I h
ave learned as I just started going into my sixty's I cant use any leaf blo
wers or weed whackers as much because the fumes are giving me a sore throat
. I have some one in our family who if she even gets near poison ivory she
will start to get chocked up and will get some rashes later.
On 12/10/2017 1:04 PM, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
I was wearing a dust mask cutting the grass last year. My problem
unknown at the time was a cough actually caused by blood pressure med.
I changed the med, cough went away and I don't need the mask. As you
say, some are more susceptible, but I would use a mask in high dust
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.