Estimated Running Time For Snow Blower

For a small piece of yard maintenance equipment there would be no need for such a fuel valve, just push it back to the shed. A large riding xxxxx is a different story. I would certainly not want to walk back to the shed to get a gas can when I could flip a valve and drive the machine back for refueling. The fuel you use to do a job one day may be more or less depending on the height of the grass or the depth and pack of the snow. I don't live in snowblower country but I can imagine what a rump hurt it would be to fiddle with a fuel cap in the snow which would probably be all over the machine. There are folks who have some pretty big yards down South, I imagine there are some large yards up there in snow country too. Heck, I'm lazy, I wanna ride back. *snicker*

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Check out the prices of these things:

New ones are well over $200K from what I've been hearing.

Granted, the farmer is just making extra money with his.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

With a 600 foot driveway, I'd say that keeping his hands and feet warm will be the challenge, not running out of gas. Either of those snowblowers will easily make it down and back to the starting point on less than what his tank holds. He can simply top it up everytime he gets back to the house.

Here is how to keep extremities warm:

Reply to
salty

An example here of motorcycle fuel tank valve:

My current motorcycle doesn't have a valve like this. It has a fuel gauge instead.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Use electric, no limit. :-)

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe

My electric has about 50 foot limit. The OP driveway is 600 feet, downhill. Lets see, that's 12 extension cords. Sounds like a lot of bother. Oh, darn. The exension cord lost power. How to find where the problem is?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I think a 600 foot driveway constitutes a limit.

Reply to
salty

Yea, on a 600 foot driveway. Not.

Reply to
clare

Heav y enough wire will work. Be tough dragging that #6 cord though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The design spec for most homeowner equipment is 1 hour run time at full throttle. Then you have to interpolate from there. I think only the mfr could give you decent answers to this. You haven't indicated at what %throttle you want to run them, cold/hot area, loading, etc. etc. etc.. There are many variables and results can vary widly so there is no specific answer to your question. On top of that each piece of equipment can have different run times depending on a host of other things too.

Twayne

Reply to
Twayne

My father had a '57 VW Beetle so equipped. Never ran out of gas as he knew to stop in the very first gas station after turning the valve!

Reply to
Jim