Eljer Toilet

Anybody have a problem with the Eljer 17 inch unit with the 2 1/8" glazed trap and "vortex jet"? My mother wants a taller commode, I've mentioned this one to her, she's seen it and wants it if I think it's okay. I asking the rest of you, because my American Standard Cadet is still doing fine, but it's only about 14" tall, and my mother wants a unit that's closer to 'chair height'.

Thanks for any comments for or against.

Reply to
Michael Baugh

Check Consumer Reports at library. They rated toilets a couple of years ago.

Reply to
Art

Kohler Wellworth. Comes in a high version.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Had one in our last house. Just installed 3 in the new place we just built.

Properly, Its called the comfort height "Highline" rather than the Wellworth although it has the Wellworth tank. $ 147.50 at Lowes

Alan

Personally, I wouldn't put an Eljer in if they paid ME for it. I've put 2 (two) in because they were cheap. Neither of them has flushed well at all. Plus, the horn and base on the second Eljer was so uneven, I had to use two wax rings to seat it properly.

I don't know much about sizes and who makes them, so I can't help much there. I've always liked Mansfield, for inexpensive and Kohler and American Standard for durability.

By the way...Eljer is made by the old "Crane" company, I think. Crane was a respected name in plumbing fixtures. I'm not sure what happened.

Reply to
Amuzed2death

Sounds like a trip to Lowes to look at Kohler.

Thanks, guys.

Reply to
Michael Baugh

Check the width of the space for the tank. Eljer is usually wider than American Standard. If you look, American standard does sell a taller toilet, I just installed one for my mother.

Reply to
Lou Parker

How well does it flush? What style?

Reply to
Michael Baugh

I've never had a problem the Ejier that was installed recently in my new home. I got it from Menard's.

Reply to
Dave

Every toilet maker makes ADA compliant taller toilets. I'd avoid Eljer like the plague. Kohler or Toto is the way to go, Look at

Steven M. Scharf