Electrical

I wouldn't build a house with it today either, but I'll be damned if I'll tear the house apart to replace it when it is fully functional. Never a problem in the 36 years I've owned the place except for one switch failure and 2 outlets - and none of them were aluminum wire related. The only problems with aluminum wiring are faulty connections

- 99.9% of the time traceable to poor installation technique. I know who wired this one and know he was a concientious electrician who did it right - and the recertification inspection bore that out. I also know who did the conversion to CoALR and the copper pigtails required for the GFCI devices, which are NOT available in CoALR. I trust his work implicitly (or I wouldn't do it!!) and the inspector was very happy with the work done (even issuing a no-cost permit and re-inspection because I did it before applying for a permit because the electrician that replaced the panel and was SUPPOSED to have the inspection done along with the panel inspection slipped up) Good for another 30+ years - longer than I'll be around anyway!!

Reply to
clare
[snip]

It would help in a situation where the electrical connection is good, but the WIRENUT is loose.

Reply to
Sam E

That is a rare occurrence - particularly if it is done right. If you need tape to keep your nuts in place, you have a problem - - -

Reply to
clare

I do not know. It might have had a crack in it to begin with?

Reply to
philo

I have already said that I do NOT have to tape, I triple check all

but tape anyway.

Reply to
philo