Duct registers.

I am finishing my basement. One of the areas will be a family room. There are 6 inch circular ducts running between some joists. I shall install a drop ceiling using the Grid Max/Ceiling Max system. This will give me a tiled ceiling about 2 inches below the joists. I shall need heating /air conditioning in the family room.

Are there any registers available which I can attach to a circular duct with a maximum protruding distance from the duct of 3 inches? I have seen small circular registers which adjust by rotation of a central knob but I don't know where. Can anyone help?

Peter.

Reply to
PVR

If I am reading you correctly, you are planning to add additional registers to ducts already there servicing other areas of your home.

Keep in mind that doing this is likely to mess up the air distribution to the rest of your home and may well prove inadequate for your basement room as well.

If you want this to work well, you need to have a professional do the required measurements and calculations to assure that your present system can handle the load and that your planed change to the distribution system will work or if not suggest changes that will work. Otherwise you are just trusting to luck.

Please ignore the above if those ducts are already feeding the basement area you are remolding. You may find registers at your ceiling suppler or you can find them at a real HVAC supply company.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Yes, I am aware of the balancing problem and I have taken it into account. My basement has four registers on the plenum and I shall be replacing two of those with other registers of the same total area. My problem is the registers themselves.

Peter.

Reply to
PVR