Dry time for coats of spray paint

PreVal sprayers. Work "OK" but mixing less than a quart, or better yet a gallon, it is very difficult to get the color 100%/ Fading on today's finidhes is almost a non-issue.

Reply to
clare

I have a red Honda that will dispute that ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

Red uis still the worst for fading - but not as bad as it used to be. Biggest problem (particularly with the Honda) is when the clear coat peals off. The clear coat is the UV filter - after it is gone it goes red to pink very quickly - - -

Reply to
clare

I followed my cavalier paint code with disaster. I did better looking at can colors. Lots of shades of white LOL.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

If your doing any sanding, must be pretty dry. As far as paint, it's good to not let paint dry too much between coats. I usually use a Hair dryer fo small projects to speed up. It's not good to spray clear over dried paint. I've sanded and buffed lacquer, but never used clear lacquer. I've mostly used enamels.

Greg

Reply to
gregz