Drain pipe in wall to washer outlet?

ote:

I guess that depends on what kind of plug it is. If it's a screw type plumbing plug with a square head on it, then is should unscrew. But, I didn't think those wall boxes had a threaded opening, just regular pipe.

A pic would help.

Usually the dryer can't and doesn't need to go back all the way anyway. On mine the vent exists and makes a

90 turn, hence the dryer is probably 6" or so from the wall. So, I don't see any problem with where yours is located. And what's the alternative? Tear open the wall and re-route it?
Reply to
trader4

good idea!

Reply to
Robert Macy

e:

Ok, I'll leave alone.

Since posting I've found several descriptions for removing the 'test cap'

so I guess it's just "have at it" and break it out.

Reply to
Robert Macy