Does your local electric company have their charges listed on their web page?

Check your local power company's web site and compare what you are paying with this chart

Are you paying more or less than 0.11 per Kw/h

Reply to
Terry

on 1/28/2008 11:44 AM Terry said the following:

That chart is an average of the whole state and is not a true indication of what YOU are paying.. The true cost per kilowatt in YOUR area is usually indicated on the electric bill. The NYS residential average is 0.1716 kw/h Mine is 0.1229 kw/h.

Reply to
willshak

Thanks! I'm feeling even better about living in "flyover country". Living within 35-miles of a nuke has financial advantages. I wish they'd build another one and sell the excess.

Net Monthly Rate: A Basic Service Charge of: $8.05 plus An Energy Charge of: Summer 8.66 cents per kilowatthour for all kilowatthours. For kilowatthour consumption of more than 100 kilowatthours and less than 401 kilowatthours, a credit of $2.07 per month will be applied. The summer rate will be applicable June 1 through September 30. Winter 7.93 cents per kilowatthour for the first 100 kilowatthours,

6.77 cents per kilowatthour for the next 900 kilowatthours, 4.24 cents per kilowatthour for all over 1,000 kilowatthours. The winter rate will be applicable October 1 through May 31. Minimum Monthly Bill: $10.18
Reply to
Jim Redelfs

Not on mine. The cost per KWh reflected on my bill is $.1132. The

*true* cost per KWh, after fees, taxes, and delivery, is $.1558

Are you National Grid down there, or is that Central Hudson land? And if you're Central Hudson do they play the same numbers game with delivery charges?

Jim [Who remembers when he went from Central Hudson to Niagara Mohawk in the 80's the rate went from 12cents to 4]

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht