Does A/C need maintenance?

Pink stuff -- would that be the acid-based coil cleaner? Read the horro story at

before you TOUCH thatstuff.

Reply to
Vicki Szaszvari

Indeed. Some people can't even spell 'explanation'. Highly unlikely they'd be able to explain anything to your average college educated

homeowner.

Nah, they'd probably just figure something wemt wrong and look for another slightly more competent hvac contractor.

tm,

I'm glad you can spell, you might as well be right about something! :-)

Honestly, if you start correcting all of the spelling in this group, including all of the fat fingers, you will never get anything else done. I suggest that you stick to the discussion at hand and stop worrying about the spelling. Some of the spelling is worse than mine. Who knows? Maybe someday you will spell something wrong, then we can all jump YOU about it!

Stretch

Reply to
stretch

Thats because Chris is no tech...hack..yes.....tech..no.

Simple question Chris....what happens when you run the unit? Why would this be a better way of rinsing the coil? What would allowing the cleaner to remain on the coil for a longer time do? What help is this to the owner of the unit?

I bet alot of things sound goofy to you...like superheat....

Reply to
webmaster

We don't need no steenking directions. Just pour it on (and get a whole lot of it in the motor cause that's greasy too) and then call the AC guy to replace the condensing unit.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Put the cover back on and turn on the a/c as soon as possible. Let the a/c run for at least 20-30 minutes as the condensation must flush the cleaner from the coil. Do not flush the A-coils with water. If the coil cleaner isn't removed right away, it may damage the coils. It may take several cycles to totally rinse the cleaner from the coils. After the first long cycle, normal cycles are fine.

CY: I've cleaned a lot of window AC units, but never done a central. Run the unit to rinse the coils? Huh? Sounds goofy to me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

no, we can thank YOU for that. If you hadn't been forging headers and cancelling postsyou disagreed with for the last 6 or 7 years, Matt would have had no reasons to go to alt.config

everybody, do yourself a favor. go to google. click on Groups. type in Paul Milligan. press enter.

Reply to
gofish

Reply to
Vicki Szaszvari

yup.... uh huh...... the pink stuff was on sale :-)

Reply to
Noon-Air

Better than kitty breath, Or how about cookie breath.

Kevin

LOL. kevin the cookie eater haha

Reply to
bill

Heh. Would now be a good time to mention that your quoting method needs work?

I thought the discussion at hand was Steve in Carolina's insecurities?

The way some of you alt.hvac guys are always going on about your homoerotic fantasies... guess I better doublecheck each post, eh? Don't mind me Stretch, just goofing around.

Reply to
tm

It seems to be working, too.

Reply to
tm

Vicki, if you would read my reply (hey, you did quote it in your email) you might. Well, just might.... see that you are the one who didn't get the correct understanding of who wrote what. I invite you to read again. I'll insert a little text.

I hope you have a smarter day tomorrow, and pehaps today stay home and don't answer the phone. You're off to a bad start.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon