Digging reservoir in shallow stream

There might be a better time of the year to dig.

Reply to
Bob F

AAAmmmmeeennn!!! Don't every let the EPA catch you fooling around with even a wet land much less a stream. My neighbor wanted a patch of Willow cleared off so he could farm it. I had about half of it done when the EPA landed on him because of a 'wet land' - he is still paying for that in various ways today 20 years later. the only "wet" part of the 10 acre patch was a very small spring in the lowest part of it other than the normal spring wetness - no different than the farm land right next to it.

I think they may have eased off recently but back then it if held a pool of water for more than 5 minutes after a rain it was a wet land....ok, that is an exaggeration but not by much.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

BTDT. Watered from a very small stream for years - only enough for one head and I had to watch close to shut the pump down when the hole I dug emptied. Mud? Yes, every spring or after any heavy rain I had to dig it out.

Have you checked how much water is flowing in that stream? From the description it doesn't sound like 18 gpm.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

about 2GPM. with my sump it becomes 12GPM. when the neighbors sump kicks in even higher.

its bursty

Reply to
dnoyeB